November 12, 2014

Make: Pecan Pie


While Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie are certainly staples for Thanksgiving, another popular pie in my family is Pecan Pie. Over the past few years I've tried a few recipes that include molasses, chocolate, bourbon, but the one I keep coming back to is a simple recipe that doesn't sacrifice on taste and certainly sugar. When I make this, it always goes very quickly in my family.

Pecan Pie

Ingredients:

  • 1 9-inch pie crust (I use pre-made, but you can make your own)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups pecan halves (I like to crush half of mine and save half to make a pretty top)
  • Whipped cream for serving
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth; mix in all the pecans or half if making a design on top. Pour mixture in pie crush and make top design (optional). 
  3. Bake until filling jiggles slightly in the center when gently shaken, 50 to 60 minutes.
  4. Cool pie overnight in refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.